Are you trying to Compare Ahrefs vs Moz vs Semrush?
If you are into Search Engine Optimization (SEO), you should know that Ahrefs, Semrush, and Moz are the top three SEO tools on the market. They allow you to do keyword research, competition analysis, track SEO rankings, monitor backlinks, and more.
So we’ll compare the pros and cons of Ahrefs vs Moz vs Semrush to find out which one is better.
Why Use an SEO Tool for Your WordPress Sites?
SEO tool helps you improve your website’s performance on search engines. SEO tool helps you get more traffic from search engines and grow your Websites.
Few things that you can do with Semrush, Ahrefs, or Moz.
Keyword Research Capability for SEO
Keyword research tools has the capability to seed keywords and long-tail keywords where your competitors are ranking on the top. It also helps you find content ideas or words that your customers are looking for on search engines. Keyword research provides you with specific search data that can help you answer questions
Track Your Niche Competitors
You can also check on your competitors just as easily as you would monitor your own website. You can see who is linking to your competitors, what keywords they are ranking for and then beat them on all those keywords.
Optimize Your Content for Higher Rankings
All three SEO software tools help you optimize content for higher rankings. They include site and content audit tools that provide easily actionable tips to improve your SEO. Optimize Your Content for Higher Rankings
These are just the top advantages of using an SEO software tool for your website
Depending on which platform you choose you would also get many other features such as keyword ideas for paid advertising (PPC), Social Media analysis, local SEO, content marketing tools, keyword research, on-page SEO, and more.
Ahrefs.com is a well-known toolset for backlinks and SEO analysis.
At the moment they stand out from the herd of other similar services by having the largest base of Live links, a huge Index and the best Speed of index updates.
They constantly improve all algorithms to provide their customers with the freshest and most actual backlinks data.
Apart from that, they try to follow all new tendencies in the world of SEM and SEO and make sure these tendencies find their reflection in new features of Ahrefs.
Features of Ahrefs
- With the help of their Site Explorer tool you may easily analyse your site’s backlinks profile and the sites of your competitors; this tool will come in handy if you want to explore the most profitable keywords for organic and paid search;
- Content Explorer will help you find the most shared content for any topic having the largest amount of shares on social media channels;
- Ahrefs Keywords Explorer will help you get relevant keyword ideas and traffic estimations;
- Rank Tracker tool allows to track desktop and mobile rankings for any location and get daily/weekly/monthly reports;
- Site Audit tool will analyse your website for common SEO issues & monitor your SEO health over time;
- Alerts will keep you notified of new & lost backlinks, web mentions and keywords rankings.
How to use Ahrefs
Ahrefs is very easy to use out of the box. They offer a simple dashboard with all the tools neatly tucked into different sections.
Navigating around each tool is quite easy and you can find on-screen help as you explore different areas.
They also have an instant help icon on each page so you can get to the support team much quicker.
Ahrefs offers a complete toolkit to manage SEO for your website and online business. It is easy to use and offers more proactive help across the platform than other tools. It does lack social media monitoring and PPC campaign features offered by Semrush, which may be a deal-breaker for some users who want to track those inside their SEO platform.
Ahrefs Pricing: Starting from $99 per month.
Our Rating: A
Moz was founded by Rand Fishkin and Gillian Muessig in 2004. It was called SEOmoz, and started as a blog and an online community where some of the world’s first SEO experts shared their research and ideas.
They launched the Beginner’s Guide to SEO and their first Search Ranking Factors study, and that hub of industry expertise transformed into a small consulting firm and led them to create some of their first SEO tools.
Features of Moz
- On-page SEO – Get content optimization tips for keywords and URLs, find similar topics, and follow a step by step guide to improve existing content
- Backlink research – Moz comes with a link tracker tool that allows you to monitor your website’s backlink.
- Generate reports – You can download the automatic reports or create your own custom reports. Moz also provides templates to easy generate reports for domains, URLs, and keywords.
- Keyword research tool – Moz offers an easy-to-use keyword research tool. Simply enter a domain name to get the top-ranking keywords.
- Site audit tool – Perform a complete site audit to see how your website is doing in search. The tool shows you errors, crawl issues, and makes actionable recommendations
How to use Moz
Moz offers a similar dashboard to the other two SEO tools. Upon login, you get a quick overview of your projects with charts and a summary.
Different SEO tools are organized in a sidebar column. Each section comes with an easy interface that makes it easy to understand and follow along.
The platform also has an extensive help section with detailed how-to guides, tutorials, and articles.
Moz offers a robust platform to manage your website SEO. However, it lacks many of the features available in the other contenders on the list. For instance, advertising tracking, social media monitoring, content optimization tool, and more.
Pricing: Starting from $99 per month
Our Rating: B
Semrush is an all-in-one tool suite for improving online visibility and discovering marketing insights. Their tools and reports are able to help marketers that work in the following services: SEO, PPC, SMM, Keyword Research, Competitive Research, PR, Content Marketing, Marketing Insights, Campaign Management.
Semrush offers an incredibly powerful all-in-one platform to manage your search and content marketing strategy under one roof.
Features of SemRush
- Keyword research tool – Find keyword ideas and track your performance on any keywords.
- Competition research – Spy on your competitors, see their organic and paid keywords, and top content. Not sure about who your competitors are? Simply enter your own domain name to find out your competitors.
- Local SEO monitoring – Manage your listing, perform a site audit, track search position, and more.
- Comprehensive advertising monitoring – PPC keyword tool, domain monitoring, advertising research tool, and more.
- Social Media – Directly post ads to social media platforms, track social media postings, and research social media ads.
- Content analysis tool – Check your content for SEO performance with practical tips to improve it.
- Beautiful reports – You can generate and download beautiful reports for individual projects. You can also create custom reports for different domains, URLs, or Keywords.
How to use SemRush
Semrush offers a ton of data which could be overwhelming for a new user.
It offers the most easy-to-use dashboard that just works. There is a search bar at the top where you can just add any domain, keyword, or URL to get started.
You get all the tools in a neatly organized layout. Each section comes with its own dashboard that works similarly to the main search tool. For instance here is the content marketing dashboard.
Semrush offers a robust help center with tons of how-to guides and tutorials to help you get started. They also a knowledge base and Semrush Academy where you get access to dozens of SEO courses.
Semrush offers the most comprehensive SEO software toolkit on the market. The data behind Semrush’s platform is massive which gives you access to incredible insights into search engine marketing.
Semrush Pricing: Starting from $99.5 / month
Our Rating: A
Bonus Tools: RankMath SEO
RankMath SEO for WordPress is one of the best WordPress SEO plugin that allows you to easily optimize your WordPress website for search engines and social media platforms. To explain better, Rank Math is a Search Engine Optimization plugin for WordPress that makes it easy for anyone to optimize their content with built-in suggestions based on widely-accepted best practices.
Features of RankMath SEO
RankMath SEO for WordPress is one of the best WordPress SEO plugin on the market used by over 1 million websites as we have stated above.
Very easy to use, and you don’t need to be an SEO expert or acquire any special skills.
At the same time, it is incredibly powerful and allows you to make your website rank higher in search engines and get more free traffic from social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
By default, WordPress provides an SEO-friendly environment, but there are still many things that you can do to improve your website SEO rankings.
RankMath SEO for WordPress helps you do all these things with an easy to use interface that blends into your WordPress dashboard. RankMath SEO for WordPress helps you do all these things with an easy to use interface that blends into your WordPress dashboard.
It gets out of your way and allows you to focus on creating content. At the same time, advanced users can configure settings and use a more hands-on approach to tweak SEO settings for different parts of their site.
Pricing: Starting $59 per year (free version available)
Our Rating: A
We recommend using RanlMath SEO for WordPress on all websites. It helps you easily manage on-site SEO and works really well with any of the top 3 SEO software mentioned above.
Ahrefs vs Moz vs Semrush – Which One is Better?
We found Semrush to be the best SEO software tool on the market. It outperforms the competition in terms of features, ease of use, and value for money.
For site owners, we recommend using Semrush with RankMath SEO. This gives you incredible tools to manage both on-site and off-site SEO. If you have any issue on this, you can use our comment session or join our delegate on facebook to solve any issues related to WordPress and subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials.