Last Updated on July 15, 2021 by Oluwatuyi
Hey sir, I want to submit my website sitemap on search engine and I was not able to do that. Can you help me? Am a beginner on WordPress. So if you are having issues on submitting site map XML file on search engine like Bing, Google, Baidu, Yandex and so on then you need this as a beginner
Submitting site maps should not take more than five minutes as long as you understand what you are doing. Most SEO Plugins has different sitemaps I.e Yoast sitemaps are different from Rankmath also all in one SEO sitemap XML file.
What is Sitemap?
- 1 What is Sitemap?
- 2 Watch Video on How to Submit Site Map XML on Search Engine
- 3 Site Map XML file using RankMath SEO
- 4 Create a sitemap XML file using RankMath SEO
- 5 How to submit your sitemap XML file on search console
- 6 How to Submit Your Website to other Search Console
- 7 Check if Your Website Has Been Indexed
- 8 Frequently Question asked on How to Submit sitemap XML file on Search Console
A Sitemap is an XML file that lists the URLs for a site. It allows search engines to crawl the site more efficiently and to find URLs that may be isolated from the rest of the site’s content. The Sitemaps protocol is a URL inclusion protocol and complements robots.txt , a URL exclusion protocol.
Why you need to submit your site map to search engine
Search engine is a source of free website traffic, which means you won’t have to spend a lot to get traffic from search engine. The submission process is quite simple, free, and gives you access to several tools that will help you grow your business later on.
Watch Video on How to Submit Site Map XML on Search Engine
To make it easy, we have created a video tutorial on How to submit sitemap xml on search engine.
So let create a site map XML file for our website or blog.
Site Map XML file using RankMath SEO
Rank Math SEO plugin aka “The Swiss Army Knife of WordPress SEO” is a free search engine optimization plugin that guides you on how to optimize your content for higher rankings. It now has free and pro version. The pro version is much suitable for Search engine optimization. To create sitemap for your websites, follow the steps below;
- Install Rank math SEO from your plugin dashboard. If you are having issue on installing plugins, you can read our step to step guide to install WordPress plugins on your website.
- Then, activate the plugin.
- Next, you need to visit the RankMath SEO » SEO Settings » Webmaster Tools page and click on the Google Search Console option.
- Click on any verification tools you want to verify and they will give you a verification code. Keep or copy the code . You will use it soon.
- Save settings
- You can do the same for all other search engine listed on the Rankmath SEO dashboard.
- Next is to add verification codes given by installing Insert Header and footers plugin.
- Upon activation, go to the Settings » Insert Headers and Footers page in your WordPress admin. Then, simply paste the whole HTML meta tag into the ‘Scripts in Header’ box.
- Then save.
- After save, go back to Google Search Console and click the ‘Verify’ button for the HTML tag method.
- Then a successful message should pop up on your screen that you sitemap XML has been submitted.
Create a sitemap XML file using RankMath SEO
RankMath SEO has the ability to create a site map for every website that uses it. If you are using Rankmath, your sitemap should look like this
But, you can still create a unique sitemap for your website. To view it, simply go to the RankMath SEO » Sitemaps settings in your WordPress admin. Then, at the top you will see your site map XML file.
Rank Math SEO creates multiple sitemaps because it is best practice to split up large sitemaps. By using different sitemaps for different types of content, your sitemaps will load quickly and be a manageable size even as your website grows. But if your content is not much, you can use single Sitemap.
How to submit your sitemap XML file on search console
Submitting your XML file should not take much of your time. Just log on to your Search console » Settings » XML file » Submit
How to Submit Your Website to other Search Console
There is no other magic in submitting your sitemap XML to other search console, follow the same guide you followed on google search console.
- Create an account on order search console
- Verify by coping the code given using Header and footer plugin
- Then submit
- Copy your sitemap XML file and submit on the search console account created
Check if Your Website Has Been Indexed
The easiest way to check whether your website has been indexed is to simply go to your chosen search engine’s homepage and type in site:yoursitename.com as the search term.
For WPressBeginner website, we would type site:wpressbeginner.com into the search engine.
Frequently Question asked on How to Submit sitemap XML file on Search Console
Do I have to pay to submit my sitemap to search console
No, all methods stated above is free of charge, search console does not request any fee from you. You don’t need to pay any cash to a professional, you can do it yourself.
My site has not been indexed by search engine
It takes time for not or spider to crawl your website due to its new on search engine. It might take days before its been crawl by spiders.
How do I track website traffic coming from Search Engines?
You can track your website traffic with Google analytics or monsterInsight. You can read our guide on How to install Google analytics on your WordPress site.
If you have any issue on how to submit your website on search console, you can use our comment box or get to us through our Facebook page, we would reply you soonest.