Do you want to know how to update your WordPress Post?
If you have been following our past content, you might have seen content with different dates, reason is that we have updated some content without affecting SEO (Search Engine Optimization). You can read our guide on SEO for more understanding. WordPress allows you to publish a post with current date and time, back date it to a past date and time, or you can even schedule posts to be published in the future.
Why you need to Update your WordPress Post
- Updating some of your older content can extend the life of the content and give your website traffic a big boost.
- It is also quicker and easier to update an old post as compared to writing a whole new one from scratch.
- It also help in providing more valuable information to users and increase search engine discovery.
- It also gives more traffic to the unique WordPress post you have updated
- Updating and refreshing pages that already receive the most traffic on your website is the easiest way to see a spike in website traffic. To find out the most popular pages on your website, go to Google Analytics. You can read our guide on different ways to install google analytics on your WordPress site.
How to Update Your WordPress Post
- The first thing you do is to decide which post needs an update, you can’t just decide okay, I need to update this post. If you are into tech, you need to update those tech apps with their latest version and if you are into any other thing that is updated day in day out then you need to update them. With that Google trust your website.
- Go to the post editor and click on post
- Under the post you will see the option status and visibility, click it
- Then you will see publish the post immediately.
- Next to it, there is an edit link, just clicking on the edit link will display the post’s time and date settings.
- You can choose any date and time in the past now and future I.E Schedule Post
- You can also tag post to the top, no matter how many post you have, the content remain at the top.
- Instead of publishing the updated post as a new article, which can result in search engines thinking your post has duplicate content in it, just modify the original post and keep the URL exactly the same.
When updating old posts for SEO, you have to make sure that the post is optimized for the keywords you are trying to target. Otherwise, you might not be able to see any visible results.
That is why you need to make use of keyword research tools to find the right keywords that should be included in every post and then create a blog republishing strategy accordingly.
Frequently Question asked on Updating your WordPress Post
Do I need to update my content
I have said it all, Capital YES! you need to, to save time wasting on writing new content and it also help SEO.
In what interval do I need to update my post
Some SEO expert insisted on 6 month to a year, but I think when you have new ideas or content, you should update your WordPress post.
If you have any issue on this, you can use our comment session or join our delegate on facebook to solve any issues related to WordPress and subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials.